Preparing for Commando
For anyone who has entered an obstacle style event, be prepared for a full test of your overall fitness level! Cardiovascular, upper and lower body strength, flexibility, core strength and mental toughness.
How can you prepare?
Find a local bootcamp. If you don’t have access to a bootcamp start by doing the following:
- Build your fitness endurance by running 1 mile as a warm up and find a decent sized hill – run up & down the hill as many times as you can in a 10 min period put the effort on the uphills and recover on the downhills.
- Follow these body weight exercises to help build your muscular endurance (you’ll need it to pull yourself over all the obstacles) these sets are perfect;
- 10 burpees, 10 press ups, 10 mountain climbers, 10 squats, 10 lunges, 10 super jacks.
- Depending on your fitness level, repeat this set either x3 for beginners or up to x10 for experienced fitness fanatics!
- Finish your workout off with a core set. We find the following an excellent example of the ultimate core strength builder: 30 second plank, 10 plank presses, 10 double leg raises, 20 second single leg switches, 20 second abdominal crunches. Again repeat this set dependant on your fitness experience.
The one thing is for sure, once you’ve entered a Commando Series style event your motivation for training will go through the roof!!!! So what you waiting for? Get signed up today!