Become a Commando obstacle engineer to win our biggest competition ever!
Your mission, should you choose to accept, is to design an obstacle for our ultimate obstacle and endurance course race which replicates authentic Commando training. The winning engineer will receive the grand accolade of having their obstacle design created forming part of the 2018 event course, free Commando GOLD races for you and four mates and be featured in the event marketing campaign.
Become the most famous Commando engineer this year by creating the ultimate challenge for your comrades. What will you design? What will it be called? Can it be conquered?
Please provide by 6th July:
- A drawing
- Obstacle Name/Title
- Description; What/why/how with no more than 100 words in total
- Please send your design, Obstacle Name and Description by email to email@example.com
Designs MUST follow our strict criteria:
- Materials used don’t have to be 100% natural but must be in keeping with our forest and castle environment.
- It must be achievable by all, whether you’re in it to “just get me round” or “treat me like a Commando.”
- It has to have either multiple lanes or be fast-flowing top prevent queues
- We know we are made of tough stuff but we don’t need any more water submersions, we already offer the best bits and they’re staying put so keep it dry.
- Take a look at our 21 obstacles here for inspiration.
The Judging Panel
Brian Adcock – Commander in Chief
Richard Griffin – Serving Royal Marines Commando
Yvonne Campbell – The Royal Marines Charity
Dan Webb – Hever Castle Head of Forestry
KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE
The winning Commando assault engineer will get to see their design become a reality and feature at our November event. As well as a Commemorative Commando Dagger donated by The Royal Marines Charity, you’ll receive Five Commando GOLD race entries giving you VIP access to two laps of the course with extra webbing and a rifle to experience the real deal, and you’ll be taught how to survive in the wild at our evening Survival Experience in Hever Castle caves. You’ll also feature in a video and photoshoot on the day to help promote your new obstacle.
All designs must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 6th July 2018
What are you waiting for recruits? Get to it!