Your mission, should you choose to accept, is to design an obstacle for our ultimate obstacle and endurance course race which replicates authentic Commando training.
An obstacle that adheres to the following design criteria:
- Must use materials that are in keeping with the forest environment at Hever Castle
- Must be achievable by all, the “just get me round” participants and the “treat me like a Commando” participants.
- Must have multiple lanes or be fast-flowing to prevent queues
We have a space in our Commando 2020 obstacle race for a brand new obstacle designed by our community. The winning obstacle will be built and you will be able to try it out on the 7th/8th November at Hever Castle.
Email your designs to email@example.com
The winning Commando obstacle engineer will win:
- Their obstacle featured in the November 2020 event
- Commemorative Commando Dagger donated by The Royal Marines Charity
- Five Commando GOLD race entries (which includes VIP access, two laps of the course with 54 obstacles over 12k, 21lbs of extra kit including webbing and rifle, 3hr Survival Experience).
- Feature in a video and photoshoot on the day to promote your new obstacle
Need some inspiration?
Click here to view all obstacles
What are you waiting for recruits? Get to it!
Once you’ve completed your design please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for our panel to judge it.
- Brian Adcock – Commander in Chief
- Richard Griffin – Serving Royal Marines Commando
- Tom Wilson – The Royal Marines Charity
- Dan Webb – Hever Castle Head of Forestry
Remember, you’ve got to be in it to win it.